Founded in 1930, The First Zen Institute:
- Publishes Zen Notes on a quarterly basis;
- Conducts daily meditation practice;
- Conducts monthly weekend Zen meditation retreats;
- Conducts a monthly film series;
- Publishes Zen Notes on line;
- Maintains a residential program;
- Houses a substantial archive of letters, articles, photographs, tape recordings and notes of lectures by Sokei-an and others.
The First Zen Institute operates entirely on volunteer labor. We have no paid employees. Your donation is appreciated in order to help us defary the costs of these activities.